Saturday, December 15, 2007

The weird things kids do


The past few weeks have been a "fun" time in trying to get Ethan potty trained. It's our first time through this phase and it hasn't been the best of times. While we are seeing great progress and some small setbacks, we have also been priviledged to witness some real gems. In order to appreciate this story there are a couple of things about Ethan you have to know. He has always been very sensitive to light and he LOVES his big boy underwear. We put him to bed last week while staying with the Meachams in San Diego with a night light in his room. A couple hours later when we went to check on him we found that he had removed the night light from the room and had also ventured into the hall and removed the one from there as well. Then we found him asleep like this. An absolutely instant classic. (Don't worry, the underwear was clean)


3 comments:

Chris and Christy said...

Oh Spenc, that story makes that picture ten times better!! It got Chris and I laughing! Thanks for sharing :)

Michelle Cox said...

I'm so excited to have found your blog! I saw Sarah's name in the comments on Chelise's blog and from hers I found yours! I love blogging!! Did I send you an invitation to mine already? I can't remember. Your boys are so adorable!! I love your short hair, that suits you so well, and I guess you've had it short for years.

Hurray for blogs!

Kim said...

This picture is HILARIOUS! I'm happy to see that someone in the (extended) family has started a 'blog'! Not long from now we'll be on the move down to Arizona and closer to you guys. We'll have to hang out sometime! Well, take care, and we'll be seeing you in June!